With their high-quality, low-friction fabric, the HandySheet™ and HandyTube™ Manual Transfer Aids help you apply slings and reposition patients.
Plus, they retain their sliding capacity, even after repeated washes. The HandyBelt™ Aid can assist with short transfers—helping both patients and caregivers get a good grip.
- The HandyTube™ aid helps prevent friction during the lateral transfer to the edge of the bed prior to turning the patient into prone position.
- On a count of three, the team will slide the patient from the center of the bed to the side of the bed.
- Once the patient is in position at the side of the bed, the care team may reapply any electrodes that were in place prior to turning patient to the prone position.
- When ready to complete the prone process, the care team member on the destination side will maneuver the HandyTube™ aid by lifting the sheet in an upward/vertical motion.
- The patient will gently roll onto the pre-placed pillows.
HandyTube Transfer Aid Proning In-Service Video
HandySheet Manual Transfer Aid
When you’re applying a sling, the HandySheet Manual Transfer Aid reduces friction between the patient and underlying surfaces. It is ideal for patients of size, pain-sensitive patients and patients with contractures. Designed for use in pairs, the HandySheet Manual Transfer Aid comes in a two-sheet set. It is available in two sizes:
- A smaller/short model that helps you apply a sling under a patient’s legs, or on a patient in a wheelchair
- A larger/long model that helps you place a sling under a fully reclined patient—featuring bed attachment loops that can be used by just two caregivers
HandyTube Manual Transfer Aid
The HandyTube manual transfer aid is a sliding sheet to assist with shorter transfers in bed, between two beds or from bed to stretcher. The sheet can be used with both average-weight and bariatric patients.
HandyBelt Manual Transfer Aid
The HandyBelt manual transfer aid has 7 to 13 handles, depending on size. The horizontal and vertical handles are placed along the entire belt, helping patients and caregivers get a good grip. The SafetyBuckle is strength-tested up to 400 lb (200 kg).
Dig deeper into product attributes to see how we can fit your requirements.
|Thickness (head/seat section)||5" (12.7 cm)|
Proning Using Hillrom’s Liko HandyTube Long Manual Reposition Aid
Frequently Asked QuestionsExpand All
Are your slings approved medical products?keyboard_arrow_down
Hillrom™ slings have been tested by an accredited testing institute and comply with all requirements for MDD Class I products. They also comply with all requirements in accordance with harmonized standards EN ISO 10535-2006.
What is the lifting capacity of your slings?keyboard_arrow_down
Our lifting accessories are approved for a maximum load of 440 lbs (200 kgs) unless otherwise specified; we also have slings for a maximum load of 1,100 lbs (500 kgs) in our wide sling range.
Can your lifts be used with other manufacturer slings?keyboard_arrow_down
It is Hillrom's position that no manufacturer can ensure compatibility with products over which it does not have design or manufacturing control without careful analysis, including physical testing and validation. Use with other manufacturers’ products could introduce additional risk to patient handling as compatibility across different manufacturers' products would need to be evaluated and maintained.
How should I clean my sling?keyboard_arrow_down
We can provide care and maintenance instructions by request.