Excel Medical’s Medical Device Integration platform is unique in providing a single, vendor-agnostic platform capable of acquisition, permanent storage, and distribution of clinical data both from bedside monitors and ancillary third-party devices.
The platform captures the full range of patient information, including waveforms which provide deep clinical insight. Hillrom’s Excel Medical Device Integration solution enables providers to spend more time focusing on patients and less time chasing down information or engaging in manual tasks.
- A single, enterprise platform that provides hospitals with unlimited storage to support clinical applications and workflows.
- Delivers real-time physiological data content (waveforms, vitals, clinical alarms) into Epic clinical workflows through integration with Epic’s desktop and mobile applications.
- Clinicians can access real-time clinical alarm analytics via Epic to help hospitals manage clinical alarm risk across medical devices.
- Uniquely supports both GE and Philips patient monitoring systems.
- Allows for integration freedom from cardiac monitoring vendors with agnostic data platform approach.
- Save money, time and resources trough vendor reduction and operational efficiencies.
- Reduces the costs and number of maintenance agreements and integrations with several different vendors.
- Supports a higher quality of patient care, predictive analytics, and long-term adaptability.
Agnostic technology solution
Unique enterprise-wide vendor agnostic solution
Patient data Acquisition and distribution
Acquisition, permanent storage, and distribution of clinical data both from bedside monitors and ancillary third-party devices
Data Access to providers
Full range of patient information, including waveform data acquisition with unlimited storage
Proactive Patient Care
Near-real time clinical data, alarms and vital sign analytics, retrospective data and predictive algorithms
The purpose of patient data is to effectively get it in the hands of clinicians to make better care decisions.
Hillrom’s Excel Medical MDI Solution works within Epic’s desktop and mobile applications and supports the following:
- Capable of acquiring 100% of available patient data from GE CARESCAPE and Philips IntelliVue patient monitoring systems and other third-party medical devices.
- Manage the flow of vital signs
- Integrates discrete alarms
- Acquire cardiac strips (images)
- Contextualize patient data
Users in Epic Desktop benefit from using Hillrom’s Excel Medical Solution to:
- Integrate vital signs into flowsheets
- Digitize cardiac reports
- Provide near real-time surveillance, while allowing providers to visualize physiological patient data
- Support workflows for digitization of cardiac monitoring strips and reports in cardiac telemetry, critical care, and emergency care
Epic Mobile Applications
Users in Epic Mobile Applications benefit from using Hillrom’s Excel Medical Solution to:
- Access near real-time surveillance and visualization of patient physiological data, vital signs, alarm trends and cardiac strips across and predictive analytics on their mobile smartphone devices and clinical communication platforms.
Education & Documentation
Get in the know to get the most value out of your solution.