This course is designed to train Biomedical Equipment Technicians on servicing, maintaining and calibrating the Welch Allyn CIWS.
The course will be delivered in two parts. Part One will consist of instructional content, followed by an online test. Upon successful completion of the test, students will receive their Gold License for the Welch Allyn Service Tool. Part Two of the training is hands-on, and will progress the student through activation of their Gold License and performing a hands-on Functional Test of the CIWS.
Part One: (60-90 minutes)
- Module 1 - Course Overview
- Module 2 - CIWS Product Overview
- Module 3 - User and Service Menus
- Module 4 - CIWS Service Tool and Remote Access
- Module 5 - Troubleshooting
- Module 6 - Disassembly / Reassembly
- Module 7 - CIWS Functional Test
- Module 8 - Course Test
- Module 9 - Summary
Part Two: (30 minutes)
- Gold License Activation and Hands-On Functional Test
(Note: A complete set of the required Tools and Test Equipment for the CIWS, and a CIWS device are required to complete Part Two of the training. See below for the complete list of required items.)
Service Levels Trained:
Routine service, repair, calibrations and upgrades for the CIWS
- Two-year Welch Allyn CIWS Technical Service Certification Gold License, Welch Allyn Service Tool (CIWS).
Required Service Tools and Test Equipment:
For the complete list of equipment necessary to complete training and perform service on the CIWS device, click here.
Recommended Pre-existing Knowledge:
- Attendees should have working knowledge of microprocessor-based medical electronics servicing, and analog and digital electronics theory.
The following repair ativities are not supported:
- Component-level repair of circuit boards and subassemblies